We may receive a portion of sales if you purchase a product through a link in this article at no cost to you, though all opinions are our own. For more information, please read our ethics statement. Please note that pricing and availability are subject to change.
Managed WordPress hosting is designed and optimized specifically for WordPress websites; in other words, it handles all of the technical aspects of WordPress for you, allowing you to focus on creating and sharing great content rather than worrying about site updates, speed, up-time, or anything else.
Many hosting companies offer their own CDN and server-level caching, so you don’t need to require plugins like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache. This form of hosting is ideal for people without the technical knowledge or time to run a server.
Why Need Managed WordPress Hosting?
The majority of web hosting providers concentrate on delivering low-cost web hosting services. An account with a shared hosting company can be created for less than $5. And if you’re just beginning to start, this is a wonderful option. However, high-quality WordPress hosting is a preferable option for a medium-sized or corporate website.
Managed WordPress Hosting is exclusively designed for WordPress users which can help you acquire a faster-loading site while also relieving you of a lot of the fundamental maintenance and performance optimization activities.
Managed WordPress hosting services offers robust computer servers that are fully managed and maintained by WordPress professionals. As an on-server administrator’s responsibilities, such as hardware setup and configuration, software installation, and system maintenance, are delegated through managed WordPress hosting services.
Virtual private servers (VPS) and dedicated servers may not be available through managed WordPress hosting providers. Managed WordPress hosting is often preferred by organizations that don’t want to devote the time and resources required to operate their own servers.
Server administration and maintenance takes a large amount of time and IT expertise, which some businesses may believe could be better spent elsewhere. Managed WordPress hosting solutions remove these restrictions, allowing users to focus solely on their hosted websites and email accounts.
Managed WordPress hosting providers may also include a number of additional services, such as sophisticated security measures, automated backups, and malware detection. If you’re looking for beginner-friendly web hosting, then check this article.
Best Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
Pressable – Most scalable hosting on the planet
Pressable is a top-tier managed WordPress hosting service that uses the same lightning-fast global data network as WordPress.com and WordPress VIP. You’ll get the following benefits from Pressable: Super fast speed When you host on a data network built by the same people that built WordPress.com and WooCommerce, you get unequaled speed and performance.
WP Engine – Future-proof Scalability
WP Engine is one of the best hosting providers providing hosting solutions to both small and big enterprises. Many business houses trust their services to host their business websites. Their hosting plans start from $25 a month and they offer different hosting plans for different business needs. They do offer some additional features which include real-time security, automatic upgrades, migration assistance, etc.
Kinsta – Highly Scalable
Kinsta is one of the best-Managed WordPress hosting providers providing powerful solutions for heavy traffic websites. Its business plans are designed to provide space for unlimited traffic. This will keep your website active and running, regardless of the traffic you receive. It also provides some additional security features that will help you fight against malicious attacks, DDoS attacks, etc. It also provides free assistance on migrating your existing sites to a new server that will help you to shift your website to their server. Get 2 months FREE with Kinsta.
A Flywheel is the only company providing powerful and managed WordPress hosting solutions at affordable prices. Their hosting plans start from $13 a month and they have more than 5 different plans for their customers. You can choose the one which suits your budget and needs. They do provide a hosting blueprint that you can use to design a Pre-installed package with your favorite elements so that you can get your WordPress website ready within seconds.
Nexcess (Includes 4 months free)
Nexcess offers a range of web hosting services, including shared hosting and virtual private servers, as well as dedicated servers, server clusters, and co-location. We own and manage a data center in Dearborn, Michigan, from which we serve clients all over the world. Our educated staff is available on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Cloudways is a popular platform allowing you to host your website on Google Cloud & Amazon AWS servers. The hosting plans start as low as $10 a month. Their pricing model makes it easier for beginner bloggers to host their high-traffic websites without worrying about prices. The best part is you don’t even need to have much technical knowledge to configure it. Even a non-techy person can configure and host his website on this platform.
Pros of Managed WordPress hosting
- Speed: Speed plays a significant role in the site running and there are a lot of things you can do to improve it like implementing a caching plugin, using a content delivery network (CDN) such as StackPath (formerly MaxCDN) which reduces image size and gives website speed. With Managed WordPress hosting you get all of this included in the plan.
- Security: Managed WordPress hosting has top-notch security inbuilt. They have a very tight layer of security on their servers, so you don’t get hacked, DDoS attacks, malware, or other security breaches.
- On-demand Backup: Managed WordPress hosting provides an on-demand backup solution in their hosting packages, so you can backup your website content and download it on your local computer anytime. If you are looking for a reliable backup solution then you must go for BlogVault and the most popular backup services and provide other tools such as site staging, on-demand backup, security check, plugins and WordPress version updates, and many more features.
- Automatic Update: Managed WordPress hosting offers automatically update your WordPress core files to the latest version, as well as the automatic plugin updates if you enable that, so you don’t have to worry about one-by-one plugins updating it will actually save time.
- No Downtime: Managed WordPress hosting providers promise no downtime, no matter how much traffic your site gets, it will never go down (unless you choose better-Managed WordPress hosting).
- Top-notch Support: Most shared web hosting companies have excellent professionals who are well-trained and knowledgeable about WordPress. However, they are unable to assist you with issues such as site performance, site functionality, WordPress errors, and so on. With Managed WordPress hosting you get an expert support team on your side.
- User-friendly Control Panel: With Managed WordPress hosting you will get custom-made control panels while some shared hosting companies offer an old-style cPanel.
Cons of Managed WordPress hosting
- Expensive: There is a significant price difference between Managed WordPress hosting and shared hosting; shared hosting plans start at less than $5 or even less than $1, whereas the most popular Managed WordPress hosting plans start at $25 and above and can be customized to meet your specific needs.